COMMONWEALTH BANK PROVIDES EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE FOR CUSTOMERS AFFECTED BY NSW STORMS
Commonwealth Bank has activated its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses affected by the NSW storms.
“The disruption and impacts caused by these storms are widespread and we would like to do what we can for our affected customers and community members at this difficult time” Andrew Hall, Executive General Manager Corporate Affairs, Commonwealth Bank said.
The Bank has established a dedicated phone line to assist those who may need to discuss their circumstances and our staff are on hand to help. If you need assistance or advice, please call 1300 720 814 or visit a branch.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to help them with their financial concerns and enquiries.
As part of the Bank’s Emergency Assistance Package, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged
- Expediting claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the storms
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval)
- Offer advice on loan restructuring for business customers with existing business loans, including Asset Finance, without incurring the usual Bank establishment fees
- If a business customer requires further assistance please refer them to their Relationship Manager or the Business Service Centre on 13 19 98
- Offer assistance to business customers with merchant facilities until trading recommences
- Waiving charges and notice periods for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by either phoning 1300 720 814 or visiting their nearest open branch.
A list of our branches that are closed can be found on www.commbank.com.au/emergencyassistance