CBA Executive General Manager, Everyday Banking, Kate Crous said: “During these times people are looking for great gift ideas as well as ways to save when they shop whether it’s through cashback, deals or discounts.
“Through CBA’s new Shopping division, CommBank Rewards and Little Birdie customers can access cashback and discounts to help them save when they shop. From ordering in, technology, entertainment and clothing – customers can access great value when they shop, all in the palm of their hand.
According to the research dads say the worst gift they could receive are socks or underwear.
Top of the list on what people want to thank their dads for are:
- Helping me when I need it (58 per cent)
- Life lessons (49 per cent)
- Fixing things (35 per cent)
- Teaching me important things / useful topics (34 per cent)
- Humour / comic relief (33 per cent)
The top ways dads want to enjoy Father’s Day this year:
- Quality time with children (46 per cent)
- Enjoying a nice meal (18 per cent)
- Something outdoors (12 per cent)
The most popular gifts dads want this Father’s Day are:
- Enjoying a nice meal out (31 per cent)
- Technology (17 per cent)
- An experience for eg four wheel driving or hot air balloon (11 per cent)
To celebrate Father’s Day, CommBank Rewards have spend and save offers available from Rebel Sport, BCF, Hobby Warehouse and Supercheap Auto.
With Little Birdie, shoppers can enjoy 20 per cent off Ben Sherman's Father’s Day Edit. For wine-loving dads, Laithwaite's Wine People is offering $60 off any 12+ bottles, including a free bottle of shiraz.
CBA’s Shopping division comprises CommBank Rewards and Little Birdie. CommBank Rewards is the bank’s cashback program offering eligible CBA customers cashback when they shop with over 115 merchants. Little Birdie is the homepage of online shopping with over 70 million products to search, compare, track and share from Australia’s favourite brands and retailers.
Notes for editors
1. Research is undertaken by House of Brand from 27-30 July 2021. The total sample of 1,000 respondents included 253 dads. For some questions, respondents selected more than one response.
2. CommBank Rewards is the bank’s cashback offer program and is available to eligible CBA customers for every day spending. Eligible customers include CBA credit or debit Mastercard customers that are at least 18 years old, are not in hardship, are not in default with any CommBank accounts and can access CommBank Rewards through the latest version of the CommBank app. For more about CommBank Rewards and for terms and conditions visit: www.commbank.com.au/commbankrewards.
3. CBA has a 23 per cent shareholding in Little Birdie, an online shopping start-up to help customers discover exclusive offers when shopping online. For more about Little Birdie visit: www.littlebirdie.com.au/