Commonwealth Bank is making available its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses in north Queensland affected by Cyclone Debbie.
Kylie Hall, Commonwealth Bank Regional General Manager for Queensland, said: “Given the impact of these storms on the region, we would like to do what we can for our affected customers and community members at this difficult time.
“Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist with any financial concerns or enquiries,” Ms Hall said.
We understand each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by phoning 1300 720 814.
As part of our Emergency Assistance Package, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged.
- Expediting claims for CommInsure customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties due to the cyclone.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving charges and notice periods for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
Due to the weather conditions the following Commonwealth Bank branches in north Queensland have temporarily closed:
- North Shore Townsville
- Charters Towers
- Airlie Beach
- Mt Pleasant
For up-to-date information on branch closures visit www.commbank.com.au/info
We advise our customers to visit www.commbank.com.au/emergencyassistance for more information.