CBA will also provide $50,000 to Thread Together, a charity organisation and one of the bank’s Next Chapter partners. The donation will ensure the organisation can continue its support to other frontline agencies in impacted communities provide new clothes to individuals in need. Thread Together has already delivered and dispatched over 5,000 units of clothing to-date.
Mr Sullivan continued: “We hope that this additional support will help ease the burden as we work through a longer-term recovery. As Australia’s largest bank it’s important to us that we’re there for our communities when they need us most.”
This forms part of CBA’s expanded measures to provide financial assistance and support to those impacted by the recent floods, including an initial $1 million donation; and a dollar-for-dollar match of any funds donated by customers through the branches or CommBank App’s fund-raising appeal ‘CanGive’.
This support is in addition to its existing Emergency Assistance available to customers and businesses in the flood-affected areas.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances by phoning 1800 314 695. Business customers can also call 1800 314 695 or speak with their dedicated CommBank relationship manager.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist them with any financial concerns or enquiries.
As part of our Emergency Assistance, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Customised payment arrangements for your home loan, credit card or personal loan.
- Waiving fees and charges.
- Temporary overdrafts, additional loans or emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Waiving fees and notice periods for early access to Term Deposits.
- Other individual support options may also be available to you.
- For CommInsure customers, we are able to assist with emergency accommodation if your home has been damaged.
- We can also expedite claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home and contents insurance.
To access this support please visit us in branch or phone us on 1800 314 695. Further information about our Emergency Assistance is available online at www.commbank.com.au/emergencyassistance.
For more information on the Flood Recovery Grants, visit: www.commbank.com.au/floodrecovery.
For more information on the bank’s Next Chapter program, visit: www.commbank.com.au/next-chapter.