We realise that as one of Australia’s largest employers, we have great potential to make a difference in local communities.
In fact, there’s a long history of employee giving to make a difference within communities where we operate.
For example, in 1917 our employees began sending care packages to support soldiers who went off to war. In the decades that followed, other community needs were identified, including supporting families whose children were in hospital.
Now, through the CommBank Foundation, more than 13,000 current and retired bank employees donate a portion of their income to the Foundation’s Community Grants program. At 100 years old, this is one of Australia’s largest and longest running employee giving programs.
To celebrate the CommBank Foundation’s 100 years of operation, and to recognise the contributions that employees make to their local communities, this year $10 million was donated to community organisations in the form of 1,000 ‘Centenary Grants’ valued at $10,000 each.
The Centenary Grants were awarded by our local bank employees, who identified organisations in their community that support youth wellbeing, access to education and cancer research and awareness.
The first of many chosen from across Australia, The Canberra Hospital Foundation was selected in recognition of its services to their community.
Here’s a selection of some of the other Centenary Grant recipients:
1. Bridport Surf Life Saving Club, Bridport TAS
2. CanTeen Australia, Kotara NSW
3. Fight Cancer Foundation, Hobart TAS
4. Giant Steps Melbourne, Melbourne VIC
5. Headspace Fremantle, Fremantle WA
6. Lions Cancer Institute, West Perth WA
7. Malkara Specialist School, Garran ACT
8. Myeloma Australia, Richmond VIC
9. Nature Conservation Margaret River Region, Margaret River WA
10. Phoenix House Association Incorporated, Bundaberg QLD
11. Queen Elizabeth II Family Centre, Curtin ACT
12. Regional Youth Support Services, Gosford NSW
13. Smart Pups Assistance Dogs for Special Needs Children, Pomona QLD
14. The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Westmead NSW
15. The Reach Foundation, Collingwood VIC
Visit the CBA Staff Giving website to find out more about the 100-year history of CommBank’s employee giving program and the work being done by the CommBank Foundation.