If you’re looking to take out a personal loan with CommBank it’s quick and easy to apply online – just make sure you have a few things on hand before you start:
- Proof of income
- Bank statements
- Personal identification
- 12-month comprehensive car insurance policy document (for Secured Car Loans)
- Your car's tax invoice (for Secured Car Loans)
We’ve outlined what you need to ensure you don’t have any hiccups along the way.
If you’re a CommBank customer you can upload these documents straight away when you apply online for a fixed rate personal loan or variable rate personal loan. If you are not a customer yet, or are after a secured car loan, you can apply online and bring the documents into any branch.
1. Proof of income
If your salary is paid straight into your Commonwealth Bank account, you won’t need to provide any further proof or documentation of income. If it’s not, you’ll need to show us your two most recent payslips, or if you’re self-employed, we’ll need your last two years’ tax returns/financial statements and the most recent tax notice of assessment issued to you by the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
2. Bank statements
We’ll need to see statements for any savings, loans or credit cards you have with any other financial institutions.
- If you’ve been a CommBank customer for more than six months you only need to provide statements covering one month of your most recent transactions.
- If you’ve been a CommBank customer for less than six months you’ll need to provide at least three months’ worth of statements.
3. Personal identification
If you’re an existing customer there is no need to provide personal ID. If you’re a new customer we’ll just need to see one of these (which contains your photo):
- Australian driver’s licence or firearms licence
- Proof of age card.
If you don’t have any of those handy, we’ll need to see two of these:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- Pension card or health care card
- Council rates or utility bill or ATO assessment notice or overseas driver’s licence (only one of these may be used).
Want to apply for a car loan?
If you’re in the market for a car and want to take out a Secured Car Loan, there are a couple of extra things we need.
4. 12-month comprehensive car insurance policy document
This will have to be organised and paid for prior to the purchase of the car, and you’ll need to specify the Commonwealth Bank as the financier of the motor vehicle when taking out the insurance. We’ll also need a copy of your policy.
5. Tax invoice
We’ll need a tax invoice for your car that includes some standard information, such as:
- Car registration number
- Vehicle ID number (VIN) or chassis number
- Engine number
- Purchase price of the car
Depending on where you're buying your car from, these forms will help you collect the information we need about the car: