If you’re looking to sell your home or just want to freshen the place up a bit, there are a few small things you can do to give your home a new lease of life and potentially increase its value, without blowing a big hole in your budget.
Check out these tips for each of the rooms in your house.
- Install a glass walk-in shower to give the feel of more space
- Paint or spray over existing tiles to save buying new ones
- Place some pot plants near the window to add some life and colour
- Make sure any changes you do make fit the existing layout you have so you can avoid expensive plumbing charges
- Clean all your appliances and cupboards. If you’re installing new ones, think about a matte finish rather than glossy to help hide dirt and fingerprints
- Make sure there is plenty of space to walk around benches, ovens and other areas
- Clear out any unnecessary items or utensils to free up storage space
- Replace older door, draw and cupboard handles with modern ones
Living & dining rooms
- Painting the walls is a relatively easy and affordable way to significantly change the feel of a room
- Use accessories like rugs, lamps, curtains, artwork and cushions to shape your rooms
- Be consistent across colours and styles to create a more open and inviting space
- Update the light fittings
- Clean and paint your driveways, paths, fences and gates
- Keep the garden tidy and contained
- Consider renovating entertaining areas, including BBQ and outdoor furniture – this can make a big difference if you’re looking to sell
Refinancing your home loan is one way to help cover the costs of any renovations you might decide to make to your home.