Thank you for visiting Commonwealth Bank’s blog site.
1 Binding terms
BY UPLOADING OR MAKING AVAILABLE ANY CONTENT TO THE BLOG SITE, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE GUIDELINES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE GUIDELINES.
2 Purpose of blog site
- (a) This blog site provides a place for you to access and use and upload and make available content to the blog site for the purpose of providing you with general information about the Bank’s Home Loan initiatives.
- (b) The Commonwealth Bank’s goal for this blog site is to create a trusted source where you may learn more about the Bank’s Home Loan initiatives and campaigns, through participation.
- (c) For the purpose of these guidelines, clauses 3(a) and 3(b) are the “Purpose”.
3 Access to and use of blog site
- (a) Persons who have connected to their social network of choice through the commenting platform, may upload content and make available content to the blog site from time to time in accordance with these guidelines.
- (b) Commonwealth Bank welcomes all questions and commentary, including constructive feedback and will allow you to access and use the blog site and to upload and make available content to the blog site for the Purpose.
4 Monitoring of blog site
- (a) Commonwealth Bank expects participants to upload and make content available to the blog site that is relevant to the Purpose.
- (b) Commonwealth Bank doesn’t take decisions on moderating content uploaded or made available to the blog site lightly. Commonwealth Bank will actively monitor the blog site from time to time to ensure that any content uploaded or made available to the blog site is both relevant and appropriate to the Purpose.
- (c) In addition to the Commonwealth Bank’s rights at law and as set out in these guidelines, the Commonwealth Bank reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to reject, remove or modify any content from the blog site and to block any person or entity that does not comply with these guidelines.
- (d) Without limiting the Commonwealth Bank’s rights under clause 5(c), the Commonwealth Bank will not allow or tolerate any content uploaded to or made available on the blog site that:
- (i) is abusive, derogatory or defamatory, offensive, hateful in language, indecent, pornographic, obscene or discriminatory;
- (ii) constitutes cyber-bullying or threatens, stalks or harasses any person;
- (iii) is unlawful or illegal or breaches any industry codes of practice or guidelines;
- (iv) breaches any privacy laws or discloses the personal information of any person or may be considered a security risk;
- (v) deliberately disrupts discussions on the blog site or interferes with access to and the operation, use and functionality of the blog site;
- (vi) may (or may reasonably be expected to) infringe or violate the intellectual property rights of any person or entity;
- (vii) constitutes spam or is used to promote, sell, distribute or advertise any products or services;
- (viii) solicits or incites unlawful behaviour or offensive or inappropriate conduct;
- (ix) includes any uploads or attached files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of a computer or a communications device or access to and use and operation of the blog site;
- (x) uses any robot, spider or other device or software to retrieve, index, reproduce, search, scan, frame, scrape, modify, amend or otherwise copy content from the blog site;
- (xi) includes any hyperlink, link baiting software (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to another site) or other software or device that directs users of the blog site to other webpages and sites;
- (xii) contains legal, financial or other professional advice; or
- (xiii) the Commonwealth Bank, in its absolute discretion, considers is inappropriate.
5 Personal information
- (a) Please do not include any personal or sensitive information of yourself or any other person (such as bank account details, log-in passwords or personal identification numbers, birthdays, home addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license details, or tax file numbers). You will never receive a request from Commonwealth Bank for such information. If you do receive a request for personal or sensitive information - please do not respond. Help us to maintain your security by forwarding any such request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (c) We protect your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and relevant industry privacy codes.
- (a) Whilst Commonwealth Bank is excited to hear from you, it is important to note that content uploaded to or made available on this blog site do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Commonwealth Bank, nor is it endorsed by the Bank (except for any material that Commonwealth Bank, itself, has uploaded to or made available on the blog site).
- (b) Commonwealth Bank is not taken to have uploaded, made available or otherwise distributed content on this blog site by hosting or moderating the blog site (except for any material that Commonwealth Bank, itself, has uploaded to or made available on the blog site) and Commonwealth Bank cannot confirm the accuracy or correctness of any material uploaded or made available on this blog site (except for any material that Commonwealth Bank, itself, has uploaded to or made available on the blog site).
- (c) Any content or information included on the blog site is not intended to provide financial, legal or professional advice and should not be relied on by any person. You should obtain your own independent financial, legal or professional advice regarding any content included on the blog site.
- (d) Commonwealth Bank will not be responsible in connection with:
- (i) your access or use of the blog site (or failure to access or use the blog site) or for any interruption, delay in operation, transmission failure, virus or other technological or telecommunications difficulties that you may encounter in using or accessing the blog site; or
- (ii) any content that is uploaded to or made available on the blog site (except for any content that Commonwealth Bank, itself, has uploaded to or made available on the blog site).
7 Use of material
- (a) You grant the Commonwealth Bank and its affiliates the right, in perpetuity, to utilise, reproduce, amend, modify, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, publish and otherwise use all content you upload or make available to the blog site anywhere throughout the world and in any manner or media without any legal or monetary obligation to the author.
- (b) Other than accessing and using the blog site for the Purpose, you may not copy, transmit, amend, broadcast, distribute, disclose, or otherwise use any content included on the blog site (other than content that you uploaded to or made available on the blog site).
- (c) Any content or intellectual property (including but not limited to names, logos and trade marks) that the Commonwealth Bank owns which is included on the blog site by the Commonwealth Bank will, at all times, remain vested in Commonwealth Bank and you are not authorised to do any act that infringes Commonwealth Bank’s rights as owner of such content.
- (d) By uploading or including content on the blog site, you confirm that the content is your own original work and that you, in relation to the content:
- (i) have not breached any laws, including any privacy laws;
- (ii) have not infringed the intellectual property rights of any third party or entity;
- (iii) have the necessary rights to upload or include the content to the blog site;
- (iv) have not breached any obligations of confidentiality that you owe to any person or entity;
- (v) have not included any material in your content that is false, misleading or deceptive;
- (vi) have not uploaded or made available any content to the blog site that Commonwealth Bank cannot allow or tolerate as specified in clause 4(d) of these guidelines; and
- (vii) waive any Moral Rights (as that term is defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) in the content you post to the blog site.
8 Our rights
In addition to the rights set out in these guidelines, Commonwealth Bank may (at it absolute discretion):
- (a) review, amend, alter, reject or remove any content that you upload or make available to the blog site;
- (b) cease operation of this blog site or make the blog site unavailable to any person or the public generally at any time; and
- (c) amend these guidelines from time to time by placing a notice on the blog site that the guidelines have been amended.
9 Limitation of liability
- (a) You use the blog site at your own risk and you confirm that you have accessed and used the blog site of your own free volition and not in reliance of any representation that the Commonwealth Bank has made.
- (b) To the extent permitted by law, the Commonwealth Bank excludes all guarantees and warranties relating to your access and use of the blog site.
- (c) In no circumstances will the Commonwealth Bank be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits, revenue, production, goodwill, data or opportunity) of whatever nature howsoever arising in connection with the blog site.
Except to the extent that we have caused or contributed to any expenses, costs, losses or damages, you agree to fully indemnify and hold us harmless against any expenses, costs, loss or damage that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your use of or access to the blog site, including but not limited to failure to comply with these guidelines.
11 Governing law
The laws of New South Wales, Australia govern the interpretation of these guidelines and by uploading or making available content to the blog site, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of New South Wales in regard to any dispute relating to these guidelines.
If any term of these guidelines is deemed to be void, illegal or invalid the term will be severed from the guidelines and the guidelines will continue in full force and effect, except for the severed term.
13 Application of these guidelines
The terms and conditions included on the following website, commbank.com.au’s Terms and Conditions, will, in addition to these guidelines, govern your use and access of the blog site. To the extent of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions and these guidelines, these guidelines will apply to the extent of the inconsistency.