2018 Half Year Results
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (the Group) announced its results for the half year ended 31 December 2017 on Wednesday, 7 February 2018.
On a ‘continuing operations1’ basis, the Group’s statutory net profit after tax (NPAT) for the half year ended 31 December 2017 was $4,895 million, which represents a 1 percent increase on the prior comparative period. Cash NPAT was $4,735 million, a decrease of 2 percent. Return on equity (cash basis) was 14.5 percent.
The Board determined an interim dividend of $2.00 per share, a 1 cent increase on the 2017 interim dividend.
The interim dividend, which will be fully franked, will be paid on 28 March 2018 with the ex-dividend date being 14 February 2018.
- Half Year Profit Announcement (PDF)
- Half Year Results ASX Announcement (PDF)
- Half Year Results Presentation (PDF)
- Half Year Results Media Presentation (PDF)
- Half Year Results Excel Tables (excel)
- Commonwealth Bank Basel III Pillar 3 – capital adequacy and risk disclosures as at 31 December 2017 (PDF)
- Financial Reporting and 2018 interim profit announcement template (PDF) – released on 5 February 2018
- 2018 interim profit announcement template (excel) – released on 5 February 2018
- View webcast
- View transcript
- View the news article
1. Unless otherwise stated, the financial results are presented on a ‘continuing operations’ basis, excluding the life insurance businesses in Australia and New Zealand being sold to AIA Group Limited (‘discontinued operations’).