Before being appointed, you’ll need the following details for all new Authorisers:
- Full Legal Name as shown on identification documents
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Residential Address (not PO box)
- Contact number
- BSB/Account Number (if the Authoriser has an account with CBA)
- Email Address
There are three ways to appoint an Authoriser:
a) When registering for CommBiz
When applying for CommBiz, Authorisers can be nominated to the accounts being added as part of the application process.
b) By submitting a Maintenance Request
On existing Services, an Administrator can appoint existing Users or create new Users as Authorisers by submitting a Maintenance Request. There are 2 Maintenance Requests that an Administrator can submit to appoint Authorisers:
- Add Account Authority – This lets the Administrator add new accounts to the Service and nominate new or existing Users as Authorisers for the new accounts.
- Edit Account Authority – This lets the Administrator add existing or new Users as Authorisers to accounts that are already on the CommBiz Service.
An Administrator on your Service can refer to our step-by-step User guide ‘Setting Up Electronic Account Authorisers’ for help with creating new Users.
Account Owners may be required to sign and return CommBiz Account Authority forms, for help completing these forms refer to How do I complete the CommBiz Account Authority form?