Completing the CommBiz Account Authority form
By signing a CommBiz Account Authority form, Account Owners consent to who and how the account(s) will operate on the CommBiz Service.
The CommBiz Account Authority form is made up of 3 parts:
Part A – Electronic method of operation in CommBiz
This defines the rules for authorising payments – how many authorisers for each value – and shows the following information:
- Service ID – The CommBiz Service ID the account(s) will be added to or changed on.
- Application ID – This is the Application Number or Maintenance Request Number that generates.
- Name of Account – Account name entered when submitting the Application or Maintenance Request.
- Account number – The BSB/Account number(s) that will be added or updated as part of this request. If multiple accounts are being added or updated, they will appear on the next page.
- Monetary Band – This will show:
- payment value limits
- number of Authorisers from each list and for each monetary band (if applicable) required to process a CommBiz payment or Service Request.
If the accounts are being added as view only (non-transactable), the Monetary Bands and Authorisation Rules table will show a ‘View Only’ watermark.
Part B – Persons authorised to operate on accounts in CommBiz
This lists all Users who have been appointed as Authorisers or who are being removed as Authorisers for the accounts listed in Part A.
Users who are already Authorisers on the accounts listed in Part A or who are already identified Users and are being appointed as Authorisers, will have their details shown in the fields and won’t need to sign the form.
Users who are being appointed as Authorisers and aren’t identified on CommBiz will have their details shown in the fields and will need to provide additional information so we can identify them. If the User banks with:
- CommBank – they can provide their CommBank BSB and Account Number in the Reference Account field then confirm their details are correct and sign in the Signature field.
- A different financial institution – They will need to confirm their details are correct and sign in the Signature field. They will also need to complete and return the Certified Copies Identification form.
If a Maintenance Request includes removing Authorisers from the accounts listed in Part A, the Authorisers’ Full Name and Date of Birth will be displayed; they won’t need to sign the form.
Part C – Declaration and Acknowledgement
The Declaration and Acknowledgement needs to be signed by the Director(s) or Authorised Officers of the accounts being added or updated in Part A. By signing this, account owners are consenting to:
- Removing any listed Authorisers or changing the EMOO;
- Allowing the listed Users to have electronic access to the account;
- Allowing the listed Users to be able to authorise any electronic instructions on the account; and
- Allowing any other person authorised by an Administrator to have electronic access to the account.
The form will need to be signed in accordance with the below table:
- How do I become a CommBiz Authoriser?
- How do I complete the Certified Copies Identification Form?
- Where do I send my CommBiz Maintenance Request?
- Setting Up Electronic Account Authorisers
- How do I complete the CommBiz User Identification Form and Certified Copies Identification Form?
- Where do i send Commbiz Maintenance Request or CommBiz Application forms once they've been signed?
This guide is published solely for information purposes. As this guide has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should consider its appropriateness to your circumstances and if necessary seek the appropriate financial advice before acting on information in this guide. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 1234. Call 13 2221 or view our terms and conditions.