• This checklist covers incorporated bodies, unincorporated bodies and associations.
  • An association is created by a group of people for a common purpose. E.g. a sporting club
  • An incorporated body is created when a group of people formally register or incorporate their association as a separate legal entity under state or territory legislation
  • An unincorporated body or association is one that hasn't formally been registered or incorporated with a relevant body

Details we need

  • Full name of the association
  • Full address of the principal place of administration or registered office
  • Any unique identifying number (this is not required for unincorporated associations)
  • Association type
  • Tax residency information - including countries of residency and tax identification number
  • Full name of chairman, secretary and treasurer (or equivalent)
  • Tell us if the association earns more than 50% of its income from investing activities

Documents we check

  • An original, certified copy (or certified extract) of the constitution or rules of the association
  • ID for yourself, the chairman (or chairman equivalent), at least one member of the association and anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Who needs to visit a branch with ID?

  • You
  • The chairman (or chairman equivalent)
  • At least one member of the association
  • Anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Personal ID

These are the documents we need to see to verify your identity.

One of these

  • Passport
  • Australian or New Zealand drivers licence


Two of these non-photographic documents

  • Australian or foreign birth certificate
  • Australian or foreign citizenship certificate
  • Centrelink pension or health card


One of the listed non-photographic documents and one of these

  • A Commonwealth, State or Territory-issued notice issued to you that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • An Australian Tax Office notice that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • An utilities notice from a local government body or utilities provider that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • Your overseas drivers licence (we don't accept digital drivers' licenses as personal ID)


How do I provide this info?

You need to provide original documents or certified copies that are up-to-date.

How do I get my documents certified?

You need to have a copy of the original document signed by a prescribed person and clearly mark your certified copy as a 'true copy of the original document'.

View the Certified Copies Identification Form to find out more

What if my documents aren't in English?

You'll need to get them translated by a translator who is accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) or similar.

What if the name on the personal identification document is different or has changed?

You'll need to get a Change of Name certificate issued by the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

What's next?

Take your documents to a branch with a small business specialist

Find a specialist