Australian domestic proprietary company

  • Registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
  • Issued with an Australian Company Number (ACN)
  • Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) or other stock exchange in Australia

Details we need

  • Business name (if any)
  • Full name of the company, as registered by ASIC
  • Full address of the company's registered office
  • Full address of the company's principal place of business (if any)
  • Australian Company Number (ACN)
  • Industry type
  • Tax residency information - including countries of residency and tax identification number
  • Full names of each director and ID for at least one director
  • Tell us if the company earn more than 50% of its income from investing activities

Documents we check

  • ID for yourself, at least one director, all beneficial owners1 and anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Who needs to visit a branch with ID?

  • You
  • At least one director
  • All beneficial owners1
  • Anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Personal ID

These are the documents we need to see to verify your identity.

One of these

  • Passport
  • Australian or New Zealand drivers licence


Two of these non-photographic documents

  • Australian or foreign birth certificate
  • Australian or foreign citizenship certificate
  • Centrelink pension or health card


One of the listed non-photographic documents and one of these

  • A Commonwealth, State or Territory-issued notice issued to you that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • An Australian Tax Office notice that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • An utilities notice from a local government body or utilities provider that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • Your overseas drivers licence (we don't accept digital drivers' licenses as personal ID)


How do I provide this info?

You need to provide original documents or certified copies that are up-to-date.

How do I get my documents certified?

You need to have a copy of the original document signed by a prescribed person and clearly mark your certified copy as a 'true copy of the original document'.

View the Certified Copies Identification Form to find out more

What if my documents aren't in English?

You'll need to get them translated by a translator who is accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) or similar.

What if the name on the personal identification document is different or has changed?

You'll need to get a Change of Name certificate issued by the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

What's next?

Take your documents to a branch with a small business specialist

Find a specialist

Things you should know

1A beneficial owner is every individual who owns 25% or more of the company.
If there are no individuals who own 25% or more of the company, there are two options to determine effective control: 

  1. Any individual who controls the company through their capacity to determine decisions about financial and operating policies (including but not limited to the CEO, Managing Director, CFO etc.); or
  2. Any individual who is entitled to exercise 25% or more the voting rights (including the power of veto).