Regulated trust

    • A registered managed investment scheme or
    • An unregistered managed investment scheme (with wholesale clients and no small-scale offerings) or
    • A government-managed superannuation fund or
    • A superannuation fund that is registered and regulated by APRA
  • Details we need

    • Full name of trust
    • Full business name of the trustee of the trust (if any)
    • Type of trust
    • Country in which the trust was established
    • Industry in which the trust operates
  • Documents we check

    • ID for yourself, each individual trustee, each corporate trustee, all beneficial owners1 of the trust and anyone else you'd like to operate the account.
    • If you're trust is an unregistered managed investment scheme, you'll need to bring an original, certified copy (or certified extract) of the Trust Deed, showing trust name, trustee names, beneficiaries, settlor name and where necessary, the amount.
    • If you have any corporate trustees, they will also need to bring documents relevant to their business structure. E.g. If the corporation is an Australian Pty Ltd, they should refer to the Australian Pty Ltd checklist
  • Who needs to visit a branch with ID?

    • You
    • Each individual trustee
    • Each corporate trustee (if any)
    • All beneficial owners1 of the trust
    • Anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Personal ID

  • These are the documents we need to see to verify your identity.

    One of these

    • Passport
    • Australian or New Zealand drivers licence
  • or

    Two of these non-photographic documents

    • Australian or foreign birth certificate
    • Australian or foreign citizenship certificate
    • Centrelink pension or health card
  • or

    One of the listed non-photographic documents and one of these

    • A Commonwealth, State or Territory-issued notice issued to you that clearly shows your full name and residential address
    • An Australian Tax Office notice that clearly shows your full name and residential address
    • An utilities notice from a local government body or utilities provider that clearly shows your full name and residential address
    • Your overseas drivers licence (we don't accept digital drivers' licenses as personal ID)


  • How do I provide this info?

    You need to provide original documents or certified copies that are up-to-date.

  • How do I get my documents certified?

    You need to have a copy of the original document signed by a prescribed person and clearly mark your certified copy as a 'true copy of the original document'.

    View the Certified Copies Identification Form to find out more

  • What if my documents aren't in English?

    You'll need to get them translated by a translator who is accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) or similar.

  • What if the name on the personal identification document is different or has changed?

    You'll need to get a Change of Name certificate issued by the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

What's next?

Take your documents to a branch with a small business specialist

Find a specialist

Things you should know

  • 1A beneficial owner is someone who owns 25% or more of the company, controls 25% or more of the company through voting rights or exercises control by way of making key financial or operational decisions.