Self-managed superannuation fund

  • A self-managed superannuation fund is a super fund that is registered and subject to regulatory oversight by the Australian Tax Office

Details we need

  • Full name of the superannuation fund
  • Australian Business Number
  • Tax File Number
  • Industry type or code

Documents we check

  • Personal ID for one individual trustee, one corporate trustee (if any) and anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Who needs to visit a branch with ID?

  • You
  • One individual trustee
  • One corporate trustee (if any)
  • Anyone else you'd like to operate the account

Personal ID

These are the documents we need to see to verify your identity.

One of these

  • Passport
  • Australian or New Zealand drivers licence


Two of these non-photographic documents

  • Australian or foreign birth certificate
  • Australian or foreign citizenship certificate
  • Centrelink pension or health card


One of the listed non-photographic documents and one of these

  • A Commonwealth, State or Territory-issued notice issued to you that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • An Australian Tax Office notice that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • An utilities notice from a local government body or utilities provider that clearly shows your full name and residential address
  • Your overseas drivers licence (we don't accept digital drivers' licenses as personal ID)


How do I provide this info?

You need to provide original documents or certified copies that are up-to-date.

How do I get my documents certified?

You need to have a copy of the original document signed by a prescribed person and clearly mark your certified copy as a 'true copy of the original document'.

View the Certified Copies Identification Form to find out more

What if my documents aren't in English?

You'll need to get them translated by a translator who is accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) or similar.

What if the name on the personal identification document is different or has changed?

You'll need to get a Change of Name certificate issued by the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

What's next?

Take your documents to a branch with a small business specialist

Find a specialist