GoalSaver rewards you with bonus interest to help you reach your savings goal sooner. Simply deposit at least $200 (excluding interest and bank initiated transactions) and make no withdrawals per month to earn up to 2.30% p.a. interest rate on balances less than $1,000,000.
- Ongoing bonus rate, currently up to 2.29% p.a.*, when you meet eligibility criteria
- $0 monthly account fees
- Interest calculated daily and paid monthly so you earn more
- No minimum balance necessary
- Enjoy instant access to your money in branch, online or through phone banking
Saving advice from CommBank customers
Here are the top tips that CommBank customers told us they use to reach their savings goals.
1. Learn the difference between what you need and what you want. Put a jumper on instead of the heater.
2. Collect your change. It all adds up very quickly. But bank it and don’t leave it lying around where you can pick at it.
3. Have a master plan and stick to it. Have a saving mind-set and always debate each purchase you make.
4. Each time you get a pay rise or a little extra cash add this to your savings. This way you are putting more in your savings without noticing a difference to the amount you are living on.
Want more savings tips? Check out our Academy of Saving.
Things you should know:
*Interest is paid on the portion of the balance that falls within each balance band. The standard variable rate of 0.01% p.a. will apply on any portion of the balance $1,000,000 and over. These rates are current as at 16 February 2018 but are subject to change at the Bank's discretion. A maximum of one (1) GoalSaver account per customer can be opened.
This information has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should, before acting on the information, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. Terms and conditions for transaction and savings accounts mentioned are available here (PDF 660KB). Please read our Financial Services Guide (PDF 60KB). If you have a complaint in respect of this product, the Commonwealth Bank's dispute resolution process can be accessed on 13 2221.