Keep in mind
- Only a selected range of forms can be returned using electronic signatures. Full list of forms that accept electronic signatures.*
- For certain things, you’ll still need to sign the form with a pen as usual
- The maximum individual file size is 5MB (megabytes)
- All your files combined can’t exceed 6MB
- If you are printing and scanning your completed form and need to reduce your file size,
o Scan your documents in black & white instead of colour
o Adjust your scanner to capture documents in a lighter shade
o Set your scanner to a lower resolution in dpi (dots per inch)
- Accepted file formats include PDF, JPG (or JPEG), PNG and BMP
What you'll need
- Make sure Adobe Acrobat Reader software is installed on your computer
- If Acrobat Reader isn’t already installed, you can download it here
- Alternatively, you may choose to use Adobe Fill & Sign app available on App Store for iPhone or iPad and Google Play
You will need to register for NetBank to submit forms online
1) Download the form
Save the form as a PDF file, either on your computer’s desktop or in a folder. This is an important first step, because certain web browsers won’t save your information after editing.
2) Open the form
You might need to right-click your mouse or track-pad and choose ‘Open with > Adobe Acrobat Reader’
3) Type your details into the form
The form is an ‘editable’ PDF, which means you can select individual fields for filling in your details, as follows:
a) Using your mouse or track-pad, right-click the document.
b) Select either the Hand tool or the Select tool from the pop-up menu.
c) The pointer changes to a different icon as you move it over a field. For example, the Hand tool changes to an an icon that looks like a capital “I” when you can type text into the form field. Some text fields can automatically resize to accommodate the amount of text that you enter.
d) Click to select options, such as radio buttons. Click inside a text field to type. Press Tab to move forward or Shift+Tab to move backward.
e) Once you’ve completed the form, you will need to sign it electronically with the “Fill & Sign”function. Click the “Sign” button and select “Add Signature” then “Draw” to draw your signature. Once you’re happy with your signature, click “Apply” to add it to the document.
4) Save your form
After you’ve entered all your information, you should select your computer’s ‘Print to PDF’ function and save the PDF file. This will ensure all your information is retained.
5) Upload your form
- Log in to NetBank then select your Essential Super account
- Navigate your way to My Account > e-Post a request or upload scanned form
- Follow the upload guidelines on your screen
You’re all done!
Things you should know
* An electronic signature is not acceptable for this forms:
- Bring together my super form1
- Notice of Intent to Claim a Tax Deduction
- Contribution Declaration
- Insurance Election Form for Inactive Accounts - Protecting Your Super (PYS)
- Insurance Reinstatement Form for Inactive Accounts - Protecting Your Super (PYS)
- Insurance Reinstatement Form for Low balance account form - Putting Members' Interests First (PMIF)
- Inactive Low-balance Account Declaration Form – Protecting Your Super (PYS).
1 Before you make a decision about your super, you should compare the costs, fees, risks and benefits of your other super funds with Essential Super. It makes sense to consider whether you can replace any insurance cover you may lose when you bring your accounts together, as well as any costs for withdrawing from other super funds and any investment or tax implications.
Colonial First State Investments Limited ABN 98 002 348 352, AFSL 232468 (CFS) is the issuer of interests in Commonwealth Essential Super ABN 56 601 925 435 (Essential Super) and is a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (Bank). This document may include general financial product advice but does not consider your individual objectives, financial circumstances or needs. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and the Reference Guide for Essential Super carefully and consider whether the information is appropriate for you before making any decision regarding this product. Download the PDS and Reference Guide from this page, or call us on 13 4074 for a copy. The Bank and its subsidiaries do not guarantee the performance of Essential Super and an investment in this product is subject to risk, loss of income and capital invested. An investment in Essential Super is via a superannuation trust and is therefore not an investment in, deposit with or other liability of the Bank or its subsidiaries. Where we mention ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, we mean CFS.