Commonwealth Bank has been supporting Australian communities for over 100 years. The Commonwealth Bank was the Government’s main agent for the financing of the war effort, sadly losing many employees who enlisted.
We’re proud to support the Spirit of Anzac Centenary Experience. This engaging, interactive, commemorative showcase will tour nationally to 23 locations across Australia.
Bookings are now open for the final four locations in Geelong, Orange, Newcastle and Sydney.
To book your free tickets, visit spiritofanzac.gov.au
Commonwealth Bank ANZACs
- 226 employees were given leave to enlist in the Australian Imperial Force (AIF), serving in the Gallipoli campaign and the Western Front
- Another 49 employees resigned from Bank employment to join the AIF
- 26 employees lost their lives
- Four future Commonwealth Bank Board Members served in the AIF
- Four employees who served in WWI were taken prisoner of war
Proudly supported by