We seek to engage with our stakeholders to strengthen our partnerships with them and enhance our community participation.
We engage with our customers through customer feedback, surveys and workshops, customer representative bodies, complaint channels and external dispute resolution bodies.
Since 2016, our Customer Advocate has championed fairness for customers by:
- removing barriers to banking that stand in the way of financial inclusion;
- finding and fixing issues that could have a negative impact on customers;
- providing a helping hand to customers through initiatives and programs that protect against financial abuse, support mental health, and respond to the needs of those in vulnerable circumstances;
- building a better bank by improving customer advocacy in decision making; and
- restoring relationships between our people, our customers and our community.
To deliver sustainable outcomes and financial wellbeing for our stakeholders, first we must understand the expectations of the communities in which we operate.
We engage with members of the community and community organisations through a variety of channels. We are guided by insights from our community partners to improve our products and services. This delivers better outcomes for our customers. We also ask our staff what community initiatives that want the Bank to support.
The Bank is committed to:
- building a more inclusive and diverse culture;
- supporting flexible work practices;
- providing our people, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, with access to paid leave and other support to assist them with caring and family responsibilities; and
- rewarding our people responsibly.
The Bank seeks to provide shareholders with information that is timely, of high quality and relevant to their investment. The Bank’s investor relations program facilitates two-way communication between the Bank and shareholders and a dedicated telephone number and email address for shareholder inquiries is provided on the Investor Centre.
The Audit Committee assists the Board discharge its responsibilities on matters relating to the external reporting of financial information for the Group.
The Group’s Policy on Publicly Issued Documents and Marketing Materials establishes the principles for an approval and verification process for public documents.
All market sensitive information is released to the ASX in compliance with the Bank’s continuous disclosure obligations under the Corporations Act and the ASX Listing Rules.
The Group Continuous Disclosure Policy provides the framework for dealing with market sensitive information, and seeks to ensure that the Group complies with its continuous disclosure obligations.
Annual General Meeting
The Bank recognises the importance of shareholder participation at our AGM.
Having considered guidance from the Australian Government and Regulators, and with the health and safety of our shareholders, our employees, and the broader community in mind, the 2020 AGM will be held virtually to facilitate shareholder attendance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More information about our 2020 AGM is available on our Investor Centre.
Shareholders are encouraged to provide the Bank’s share registry, Link Market Services, with their email address, so that we can communicate important information efficiently. Link Market Service’s contact details are provided on our Investor Centre.