Fraudsters can illegally access customer cardholder data through computers used to process transactions. When you accept credit cards, you will be handling or transmitting card and cardholder details that are highly confidential. Here are some of the things you must do to keep that information safe.
- Disclose or share any card information without a justifiable business reason
- Request, use or store a card number for any purpose that is not related to a transaction
- Process a card through any card reading device not authorised by us
- Ask for a cardholder's PIN
- Store or collect a cardholder's CVV/CVC
- Require the cardholder to complete postcards or other forms that would result in account data being in plain view when mailed
- Require the cardholder to provide their CVV or PIN on any written form