When you’re overseas
So long as you’ve got access to a secure internet connection, an international mobile number or an Australian phone with global roaming, you can continue to bank in the same way you would at home.
- Reloading your Travel Money Card immediately in NetBank or the CommBank app
- Paying bills in NetBank and the CommBank app
- Scheduling payments, paying someone and paying your credit card bill from NetBank and the CommBank app
- Transferring money to and from your CommBank accounts in NetBank and the CommBank app.
We may need to send you a NetCode as an SMS or a CommBank app notification, so make sure the device you’re planning to use overseas can receive SMS or has the CommBank app installed with notifications allowed (or both).
You’ll need to use a NetCode to authorise things like an online password reset and an International Money Transfer. You’ll also need a NetCode when you’re adding or deleting a biller in your address book.
What to set up before you go
Being organised ahead of your international adventure can give you back precious time to enjoy your time away.
- Make sure you can receive SMS or CommBank app notifications for when you request changes or certain transactions
- Get your bills sent straight to NetBank and the CommBank app so you can see, keep track and pay bills all in one place
- Consider paying your credit card automatically
- Check your international payment settings suit your needs when you’re overseas. Take a look at Lock, block, limit® if you’ve got a CommBank credit card
- Set PINs for any credit card or debit cards – it’s worth bearing in mind that some countries only accept PINs. You can do this in NetBank and the CommBank app
- Activate a new card in NetBank or the CommBank app
- Check your credit limit and make sure your cards aren’t due to expire while you’re away
- Some CommBank credit cards include international travel insurance which you need to activate before you travel. If yours doesn't, you can purchase a policy and tailor CBA travel insurance through Allianz Global Assistance to your specific needs
- Tell us you’re going away in NetBank and the CommBank app > Overseas travel > Tell us about your trip so we can keep an eye out for any suspicious transactions.
If you’re using NetBank while you’re away make sure you always log out, especially if you’re using a device that’s not your own.
And if you are using someone else’s device remember not to download anything private and not to tick remember client number on the NetBank log on page.