How to switch accounts to us
Opening a new account
It only takes a few minutes to open a new Commonwealth Bank account if you are registered for NetBank. Simply log on, point to the Offers & apply tab and click Accounts.
If you’re a new customer or not registered with NetBank, you can:
- Choose the right account. Applying online is easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Call us on 13 2221, 24 hours day, 7 days a week.
- Drop into your nearest Commonwealth Bank branch.
Switching to us
Once your new account is open, you can use our easy switching service to get regular payments up and running faster.
Switching your regular payments to a single account makes it easy to keep track of regular direct debits, like loan payments, and direct credits, like your salary. By bringing them together in one Commonwealth Bank account, you can:
- Take control of your cash with instant banking* - so you can always tell exactly where you stand.
- Use NetBank, Australia’s number one online bank, to transfer cash, pay bills using BPAY®, schedule future payments and access a huge range of other banking services - anytime, anywhere.
- Bank with confidence anywhere, anytime with the CommBank app.
- Enjoy free withdrawals in more places, with Australia’s largest ATM network.
Find out more
Important information: *Excludes contactless transactions and credit transactions on Mobile Banking. As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on this advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. You must be registered for NetBank with NetCode SMS to make payments using a mobile phone. Recipients of payments need an Australian bank account to claim. # In order to be able to perform contactless payments through Tap & Pay, customers need to purchase a PayTag through the CommBank app for $2.99 (including postage and handling) or have a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard international incorporated. MasterCard PayPass is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. BPAY is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Limited ABN 69 079 137 518. Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Terms and conditions for Electronic Banking are available online or from any branch of the Commonwealth Bank. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124.