Rates and fees
Commonwealth Direct Investment Account
All rates displayed in the table below are per annum.
|$0 - $9,999||0.00% p.a.|
|$10,000 - $19,999||0.25% p.a.|
|$20,000 - $49,999||0.50% p.a.|
|$50,000 - $99,999||0.50% p.a.|
|$100,000 - $249,000||1.00% p.a.|
|$250,000 - $499,999||1.25% p.a.|
|$500,000 or more||1.50% p.a.|
Fees & charges
|Monthly account fee||$5|
Your monthly fee entitles you to make 5 electronic withdrawals plus 2 assisted withdrawals each month. Fees apply for excess withdrawals as follows:
Excess Withdrawal Fees
|Type of fee||Fee|
|Transfers made at a Commonwealth Bank ATM||$0.30|
|Direct entry debit or periodical payment||$0.30|
|All transfers or payments made through NetBank or telephone banking||$0.30|
|EFTPOS cash withdrawal or purchase||$0.50|
|ATM cash withdrawal||$0.50|
|All cheques written by you and negotiated through the clearing system (excluding those cashed over-the-counter at a Commonwealth Bank branch)||$1.50|
|All assisted withdrawals in a branch or via telephone banking (including cheques issued on your account and cashed over-the-counter at a Commonwealth Bank branch)||$2.50|
Non-Commonwealth Bank ATM fees
|An Access Fee will be charged on withdrawals you make through an ATM of ASB Bank in New Zealand, Commonwealth Bank in Indonesia and Commonwealth Bank in Vietnam.||AUD $2.00 each|
- Note: The Bank will not charge Access Fees on withdrawals or account balance enquiries on deposit and transaction accounts (including MISA), home loans, investment home loans, lines of credit and personal loans through non-Commonwealth Bank ATMs in Australia. However, ATM owners may charge a fee, which will be disclosed at the time of the transaction. If you proceed with the transaction, the ATM owner’s fee will be debited to your account (in addition to the withdrawal amount, if applicable). You should check the ATM owner’s fees that apply carefully before completing transactions at non-Commonwealth Bank ATMs in Australia.
International ATMs and EFTPOS
To make travelling easier, you can use your Commonwealth Bank keycard in any international ATM carrying the Cirrus or Visa Plus signs and also for Maestro EFTPOS purchases. The following fees apply:
|Transfers made at a Commonwealth Maestro EFTPOS purchase||3.00% of transaction value
|Cirrus and Visa Plus ATM cash withdrawal||AUD$5.00 + 3.00% of transaction value
- Important information
The advice on this website has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, Because of that, you should, before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. Please view our Financial Services Guide (PDF 68KB). Full terms and conditions (PDF 660KB) for the transaction and savings accounts mentioned are available or from any branch of the Commonwealth Bank. Bank fees and government charges apply.
* Higher interest rates may apply for Commonwealth Direct Investment Accounts opened through CommSec. Please refer to the CommSec website for further information. For Interest rates on CDIAs opened prior to 1/11/2012 please refer to the Interest Rate Flyer Interest Rates on Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts. Rates are effective as at 19 August 2016 but are subject to change.
All quoted fees are subject to change. You may be exempt from the monthly account fee. This applies to:
- Customers who are under the age of 18, or personal trust accounts where the beneficiary of the account is under 18. The exemption will be applied automatically.
- Customers who are reliant on over-the-counter services because of a disability that prevents them from using electronic banking facilities. The exemption will apply to a nominated account. Customers can apply for this exemption at their local branch.
- Customers with a "Relationship Balance" of $50,000 or more in eligible accounts. For more details on how the "Relationship Balance" exemption works, please see our Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts General Information and Terms and Conditions, available from any branch of the Bank