Do I have to set the currency order on my Travel Money Card?
Last updated 11 September 2018
If you have multiple currencies on your card a currency order applies where:
- The currency of a transaction you make isn’t loaded on your card
- You don’t have enough money in that currency to pay for that full transaction. Your Travel Money Card will attempt to take money from another currency to pay for the transaction - it checks through each currency from highest to lowest in your currency order
- You’re reloading your card using BPAY® - these will be automatically credited to the currency that is highest in the currency order)
- A replacement card fee applies and you don’t have AUD on your card
A default currency order applies to the currencies loaded onto your Card at purchase.
The default currency order is: US Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Australian Dollar (AUD), Japanese Yen (JPY), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Singapore Dollar (SGD), Thai Baht (THB), Vietnamese Dong (VND), Chinese Yuan (CNY), Emirati Dirham (AED). This order is subject to change and applies only to the currencies that are loaded on your Card.
Any currency sequentially added after purchase will be added to the end of the currency order. You may change your currency order in the CommBank app, NetBank or by calling the Travel Money Card Customer Service Centre 24/7 on:
• 1300 660 700 if you’re in Australia
• +61 2 9999 3283 (reverse charges accepted) if you’re overseas
Read more in the Product Disclosure Statement and Conditions of Use.