Determined to offer strength in uncertain times
- We are the largest provider of life insurance in Australia.
- We’re also Australia’s leading home lender, and today we’re working harder than ever to get more Australian families into the home they want. We’re committed to responsible lending practices and use leading edge security to keep your money safe.
- We also use vigilant credit card security software to constantly check your accounts for unauthorised transactions.
- In these tough economic times, we know some of our customers may be experiencing difficulty repaying loans or managing their finances. The Customer Assist team will assess a customer’s personal circumstances and, where appropriate, provide solutions tailored to their needs.
- Further to this, the Commonwealth Bank has introduced the option to provide an extended six month home loan repayment holiday for people who have lost their jobs as a result of the economic downturn, which can be extended to 12 months in special cases. Everybody’s circumstances are different, and we will work with individual customers to arrive at the most appropriate level of support.
- The Commonwealth Bank responded to the needs of small business customers in these tough times by launching the Small Business Investment Package* including free small business forums in major cities around Australia, discounted rates for standard car and equipment finance and for investment in staff training and retention, and a Business Banking Support Line to provide customers in hardship with a point of assistance.