As part of our commitment to transparency and disclosure around our Inclusion and Diversity activities, we report our progress against our key goals, initiatives and measures, including goals for the previous financial year in our annual report.
2020 Financial Year: Key Diversity Metrics
As at 30 June 2020:
- Women represented 41.2% of Executive Manager and above roles and 45.0% of Manager and above roles, compared to 39.1% and 45.0% as at 30 June 2019.
As self-nominated in the Group’s FY2020 annual people and culture survey in October 2019:
- Based on our Cultural Diversity Index, the Bank continues to be more culturally diverse than the Australian population (based on the Australian census). However, we know we need to do more to improve the cultural diversity across our leadership roles.
- 1.5% of our workforce most strongly identified with Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander ancestry, compared to 0.9% in FY2019.
- 8.7% of our employees identified as having a disability compared to 10.5% in FY2019.
- 3.3% of our employees identified as LGBTI compared to 3.4% in FY2019; and
- 66.0% of our employees worked flexibly, compared to 73.9% in FY2019. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bank has seen a larger proportion of our people working remotely to prioritise their safety, health and wellbeing.
Refer to our 2020 CBA Annual Report for more information on our progress and diversity metrics.