Choose from a range of options

  • Building and Contents Cover

    Covers both your investment property and contents that you lease out to tenants from loss or damage caused by fire, flood, theft, motor burnout and more.2

    A wide range of additional benefits like loss of rent, emergency work, temporary repairs, mortgage discharge and more.

    Save up to 10% off combined Building and Contents Cover.1

  • Building Cover only

    Covers your building from loss or damage caused by fire, flood, theft, motor burnout and more.2

    Additional benefits like loss of rent, emergency work, temporary repairs and more.

  • Contents Cover only

    Cover the items in your building that you lease out to tenants from loss or damage caused by fire, flood, theft, motor burnout and more.2

    Additional benefits like contents in transit, emergency work, temporary repairs and more.

  • Optional Covers

    Increase your cover by adding accidental damage (building only), loss of rent extra or malicious damage or theft by tenants for an additional cost.

Features & benefits

  • Additional benefits

    Cover includes additional benefits such as loss of rent, emergency work, temporary repairs, mortgage discharge and more.

  • Up to 25% gap cover

    Home insurance can cover up to an additional 25% on top of your building and contents sum insured when it isn't enough to cover your loss.3

  • Pay monthly

    No additional premium if you choose to pay your home insurance monthly.

  • Up to $20 million legal liability

    If you’re legally liable for an incident, cover includes up to $20 million for damages and legal fees (excluded under Portable Contents Cover).

What's covered?

  • Investment Home Package insurance can cover you from the following insured events:

    • Accidental glass breakage
    • Animal damage
    • Burning out of electric motors and power surge
    • Earthquake
    • Explosion
    • Fire2
    • Flood2
    • Legal liability
    • Lightning
    • Malicious act including vandalism
    • Riot and public disturbances
    • Storm2
    • Sudden escape of liquid
    • Sudden impact
    • Theft or attempted theft


Additional benefits depending on the cover you take:

Additional benefits
Building cover
Contents cover
Contents in transit
Damage by emergency services 
Demolition and debris removal costs
Emergency work and temporary repairs  
Loss of rent
Matching benefit  
Mortgage discharge 
Moving within Australia
Storage fees 
Temporary removal of your contents 

* Strata Titled properties only.

Optional covers available at an additional premium:

Optional covers
Building cover
Contents cover
Accidental damage  
Loss of rent extra
Malicious damage or theft by tenants

For full details about cover, limitations and exclusions, read the Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

Take a look

Before you start

  • 1. Choose the cover that’s right for you

    Whether you're an owner, investor or renter, decide which cover is right for you and know what you want to cover. 

  • 2. Calculate how much cover you need

    Use the calculators below to help estimate the replacement value of your building and/or contents – it could be more than you think. 

    Buildings calculator

    Contents calculator

  • 3. Know the details

    You’ll need to know the age of your home and what your walls and roof are made out of. You may be able to find these details on your house plans, current Certificate of Insurance or purchase contract.  If not, your real estate agent or local council should be able to help.

  • 4. Get a quick quote

    Complete a quick and easy quote online.

    Alternatively, call 13 2423 or if overseas on +61 2 9633 9391 8am–8pm, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, Sat (Sydney/Melbourne time) or visit your local branch.

    Get a quote

Make a claim

  • You will receive instant confirmation when you lodge a claim online in the My Claims Portal (accessible through NetBank or the CommBank app).

    The Claims team will contact you to advise the next steps for your claim.

    Alternatively, call 13 1361 or +61 2 8527 5217 if you’re overseas.

    You can also update your bank details for claims payments and provide documentation via the My Claims Portal.

    How to make a claim


Quick reads

Guys relaxing at home

Home insurance for landlords: do you need it?

Tell me more

Mother and young daughter on computer at home

4 ways you could reduce your home insurance premium

Tell me more

Suburban houses

The differences between insuring strata and non-strata homes

Tell me more

Things you should know

  • 1 If you purchase combined Residential Building and Contents Cover, a discount of up to 15% will be applied to your basic premium. If you purchase combined Investment Building and Contents Cover, a discount of up to 10% will be applied to your basic premium.

    This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount (other than those listed in the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or any Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement) or in conjunction with any other promotional offer, unless advised in the promotional offer that this discount will apply. This discount may be removed or changed effective from the renewal date. This discount cannot be backdated. Minimum premiums may come into force and reduce the extent to which discounts are applied.

    No discounts apply to Portable Contents Cover when taken as a standalone policy.

    2 Cover for damage caused by storm, bushfire or flood is excluded for the first 48 hours of the policy (exceptions apply). Claim limits and other exclusions apply.

    3 Gap Cover does not apply to Portable Contents Cover, Items with a maximum claim limit and Legal Liability.

    Home Insurance is provided and issued by Hollard Insurance Partners Limited ABN 96 067 524 216, AFSL 235030 (Hollard) and distributed by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124, AFSL 234945 (CBA). Hollard is not part of the CBA Group. CBA and its related entities do not sell, issue or guarantee the obligations or performance of Hollard or the products Hollard offers and this insurance product does not represent a deposit with or liability of either CBA or any of its related bodies corporate. If you purchase a Home Insurance policy, CBA is paid a commission which is a percentage of your premium.

    For products issued by Hollard, information about the target market can be found within the product’s Target Market Determination available here.

    This information has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs.  You should, before acting on this, consider the appropriateness of the product to your circumstances. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available at all Commonwealth Bank branches, by downloading them from or by calling 13 2423 and should be considered before making any decisions about this product. You should also read the Premium, Excess and Discount Guide (PEDG), Key Facts Sheets (KFS), and Financial Services Guide (FSG) by clicking on the links, or by calling 13 2423 for a paper copy.

    Hollard is a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice, for more information on the code visit