Over one million Bank customers now using NetCode security
At the Commonwealth Bank, we’re committed to making your online banking experience the best it can be. Part of that commitment is providing you with a secure banking environment to keep your valuable personal information and financial details safe, wherever and however you choose to use NetBank.
One of our security measures is NetCode, a free service that protects your information using world-class technology. NetCode uses SMS messages, CommBank App notifications or a security token to send you an one-time security code whenever you make certain transactions. This adds an extra level of security to your transactions, and also lets you know if anyone else is attempting to access your account or your details.
How do I register for NetCode SMS?
If you’re not already registered for NetCode SMS, it’s simple to register online. Just follow this link to register for SMS, or
the steps below:
1. Login to NetBank with your client number and password.
2. Go to the ‘security’ tab and select the ‘SMS security’ page.
3. Confirm your mobile number is correct, or update it by clicking ‘my details’.
4. You may be asked to answer your two personalised identification questions. Once complete, click ‘register’.
5. You’ll then see a confirmation page stating that your registration is complete.
What if I want to use a NetCode security token?
If you don’t have a mobile telephone, or prefer to use a security token, contact us on 13 2221. Once you receive your token, you register it online at NetBank, and it’s ready for use
as soon as your registration is confirmed.
Find out more
Further details about NetCode and other security measures can be found in NetBank Centre, under ‘Security’ FAQs: http://www.commbank.com.au/help/faq/netbank/security.html
If you have any questions, please call the NetBank Help Desk on 13 2221, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.