CommBank Checkout (MasterPass™) Terms and Conditions
1. Introducing CommBank Checkout (MasterPass)
CommBank Checkout (MasterPass™) is a digital wallet service that allows CommBank cardholders ("you") to store your payment card details, billing addresses and shipping information ("Payment Information") in your CommBank Checkout and to use the streamlined CommBank Checkout process wherever you see the MasterPass™ acceptance mark (the "MasterPass Button") on a merchant's website. These CommBank Checkout (MasterPass) Terms and Conditions govern your use of your CommBank Checkout, together with the terms and conditions of your accounts used in connection with CommBank Checkout and the Electronic Banking Terms and Conditions.
2. How CommBank Checkout works
- Once you register for or activate CommBank Checkout, details of all Credit and Debit cards ("Card") you hold with CommBank will be accessible via CommBank Checkout.
- When you visit a merchant's website, .mobile site or smart device application that displays the MasterPass button (a "MasterPass Merchant") and click the "Review Your Order" (or other payment prompt) button, you will be asked to input your email address and password. We then transmit your Payment Information to the merchant.
- If you have more than one Card with CommBank you will be asked to choose which Card you want to use at the time of checkout.
- After the MasterPass Merchant receives your Payment Information, it will submit the payment for processing as usual through its acquirer.
3. Protecting against unauthorised transactions
3.1 Email address and password
- Your email address recorded in "My contact details" in NetBank is used to log on to CommBank Checkout.
- If you forget your email address, you can check it in NetBank. You can also change your email address recorded in "My contact details" in NetBank. If you do, the email address you use to log on to CommBank Checkout will also change.
- When you log on to CommBank Checkout you will use your NetBank password.
- You will not be able to change your NetBank password by logging on to CommBank Checkout. You will need to do this via the existing NetBank process.
3.2 How to protect your email address and password
- You should always:
- memorise your password as soon as possible - if you record it, disguise it so others can't decipher it;
- if you nominate a password, use a word or a number that is not obvious and can't be easily guessed (e.g. don't use date of birth or driver's licence number or any part of your name) or you may be liable for unauthorised transactions; and
- take precautions when using CommBank Checkout (e.g. don't let anyone watch you enter your password).
- You must never:
- tell or let anyone find out your password - not even family or friends;
- record your password on your phone or computer;
- keep a record of your password with your phone.
3.3 Other things you must do
Notify us immediately if you suspect your password has become known to someone else.
4.1 Suspension or termination
We may suspend or terminate your use of CommBank Checkout without notice at any time, e.g. if we suspect unauthorised transactions have occurred or that CommBank Checkout is being misused.
4.2 Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may change these CommBank Checkout (MasterPass) Terms and Conditions at any time. If applicable, we will notify you in accordance with the Electronic Banking Terms and Conditions. We may give notice of other changes in a way that is likely to come to the attention of as many customers who are registered for CommBank Checkout as practicable, for example via email, no later than the effective date.
4.3 How we use your information
4.4 Our connection with MasterCard
Our CommBank Checkout (MasterPass) service is provided with the help of MasterCard. MasterCard, on our behalf, transmits your payment information and other personal information to the merchant when you use the service to make a payment. For more information about how MasterCard handles your personal information, please go to https://masterpass.com/online/Wallet/PrivacyPolicy.
5. Meaning of words
"MasterCard" means MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd or its related entities.
"we", "us", "our", or "CommBank" means Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124.
"you" or "your" means the person inputting Payment Information into CommBank Checkout.
When you activate or register for CommBank Checkout you agree to these CommBank Checkout (MasterPass) Terms and Conditions.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
MasterPass and the associated brand mark are trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.