Your Investment Home Loan
A flexible range of investment solutions
If you’re looking to buy your first investment property, or adding another one to your portfolio, getting the right Home Loan is essential for maximizing your property’s earnings. The financial rewards can be substantial with the right property, a suitable Home Loan and a little help along the way.
We offer a wide range of flexible loan options to suit any investor as well as all the help and advice you’ll need along the way.
Choose a Home Loan
There are various Investment Home Loan options available at the Commonwealth Bank. The choice you make will affect how much you can borrow as well as the type of loan you can apply for. Here are a few to choose from:
- Standard Variable Rate - a flexible loan with a variable interest rate
- Fixed Rate - a loan with a fixed interest rate so you have the security of knowing what your repayments will be from month to month
- Base Variable Rate – a basic home loan with a competitive variable interest rate
- Introductory Rates – To get started, 12 month introductory rates are available for new customers
- Line of Credit – consolidates your accounts to enjoy complete financial control
Choose a repayment option
There are several ways to pay back your Home Loan with the Commonwealth Bank. We have options to suit any situation. Choose from one of the following options:
- Interest in advance - with a 0.20% p.a. discount off standard fixed rates, this is available on interest only Fixed Rate Investment Home loans and is a convenient way to consolidate interest repayments into one lump sum in order to gain tax benefits in any given tax period1.
- Interest only - this option gives you flexibility to reduce your loan commitments to enable you to take advantage of other wealth building opportunities as well as negatively gearing your property. You can choose to make interest-only payments at any time during the life of your loan2.
- Principal & interest - a suitable option if you want to pay off your loan and own your property sooner.
Choose from a selection of Home Loan Add-ons designed to make your mortgage work harder for you and help your investment property reach it’s earning potential.
- Interest Off-set – save by off-setting your interest with our Mortgage Interest Saver Account
- Wealth Package – save by having more of your banking with us
- Deposit Guarantee – an alternative to cash deposits on new purchases
Our Wealth Package is designed to reward you for banking with us, offering significant savings on borrowing, everyday banking, investment and insurance services.
Try our Home Loan tools
Our Home Loan Tools and Calculators will help you work out how much you can to borrow, how much you can afford to repay and then assist you in choosing the right loan option.
- How much can I borrow calculator – enables you to estimate how much we will lend you
- Home Loan Calculator – enables you to work out how much your repayments will be under different loan options
- Property Value Guide – gives you comprehensive, up-to-date insight into what the property market is doing from month to month
- Home Loan Health Check – a quick and easy way to see if you’re getting the best from your home loan
- Applications for finance are subject to the Bank's normal credit approval. Full terms and conditions will be included in the Bank's loan offer. Fees and charges are payable.
- 1. Interest in Advance is only available for 1-5 year terms. The interest in advance period must equal the fixed rate and interest only periods. Interest can only be pre-paid 12 months in advance.
- 2. The current maximum interest only term for investment home loans is 15 years in the life of the loan.