MAKING A BUILDING OR CONTENTS CLAIM
If something has happened we can help you work out the next steps.
You can make a building, contents or portable contents claim online or over the phone.
Step 2: Making your claim
Once you’ve gathered up your information you can lodge your claim online.
A claims specialist will contact you by the next business day to go through the details.
However, if your home is at risk of further damage or you are unable to live in it, call our Emergency Claims Assistance line on 13 2423, at any time.
Step 3: Assessing your claim
If we need to we will arrange for one of our builders to inspect the damage to your property. They will provide a recommendation for the rebuild, replacement or repair needed to fix the damage.
We’ll review the builders report and any additional supporting information you give. This will help us assess if the damage is covered under your insurance policy.
Step 4: Settling your claim
If we’ve agreed to pay your claim, we’ll contact you to let you know how we’re going to settle. We can settle by:
- Repairing or rebuilding the lost or damaged part of your building
- Replacing or repairing your contents
- Giving you store credit or voucher for the cost of your claim up to the sum insured in your Certificate of Insurance; or
- Paying you for the cost of your claim, up to the sum insured on your Certificate of Insurance.
If we settle your claim by repairing the damage to your building, one of our preferred builders will:
- Draw up a scope of work for you to review and approve
- Agree a time with you to start work on repairs
- Give you an estimate of when work will be complete.
You will also need to pay your policy excess to our preferred builder.
CommInsure is proud to be a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice, for more information on the code visit www.codeofpractice.com.au.