What's an Insured Event?

See all Home insurance FAQs

Last updated 13 January 2016

An Insured Event is an accidental, unexpected or unforeseen event your Home Insurance provides cover for.

Depending on the type of cover you have, here are the Insured Events we cover:

  • Accidental glass breakage
  • Animal damage
  • Burning out of electric motors and power surge
  • Earthquake
  • Escape of liquid
  • Explosion
  • Fire
  • Flood
  • Legal liability
  • Lightning
  • Malicious act, including vandalism
  • Riot and public disturbances
  • Storm
  • Sudden impact
  • Theft or attempted theft.

There are some exceptions you need to know about. You can find out more in the PDS.


Important information: Home Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) or call us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics