What things should I look for when comparing Home Insurance policies?
Last updated 03 February 2016
If you’re comparing Home Insurance policies between different insurers, it’s important to consider a few things:
- What their policy covers
- Does the insurer offer a pay by the month option and will it cost you more?
- Will you pay one or two excesses if you claim under both building and contents cover?
- Are you automatically covered for large scale events such as Flood, Storm and Bushfire, or do you need to add these as extras?
- Do you have to specifically list items such as jewellery or works of art? Do you pay extra to have them covered, or are they automatically included in your cover?
- What industry awards has the insurer won, and
- What kind of reputation does the company have?
Important information: Home Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) or call us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.