You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


Can I organise emergency repairs if my home’s badly damaged and I’m unable to wait for a claims assessor?

See all Home insurance FAQs

Last updated 08 July 2016

If you have suffered serious damage from a severe weather event and you need emergency ‘make safe’ assistance, you should contact the SES first.

If the SES aren’t available, or you need to act quickly to prevent further damage as a result of something else (say a broken pipe gushing water into your home), you can organise emergency repairs with a tradesperson. It’s a good idea to keep copies of quotes and receipts to give to the assessor.

Our claims assessor with then inspect your property and contact tradespeople on your behalf to have permanent repairs made.

Important information: Home Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) or call us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics