How do I close my credit card online in NetBank?
Last updated 19 July 2017
In order to be eligible to close your CommBank credit card in NetBank, first you’ll need to make sure:
- You have paid off your balance in full so there is no amount still owing on your card (including any accrued interest and fees)
- You have no pending transactions for the account
Please note: closing online is only available for personal credit cards, not business or corporate cards.
To close your credit card in NetBank:
- Go to View accounts > Transactions and select your credit card account under the “View transactions for” drop-down menu
- Click on “Close my credit card account”
You’ll be taken to a page titled “Things to know about closing your credit card account”. Click Continue at the bottom to acknowledge the important information and proceed with account closure.
You’ll then be taken to a page asking, “Are you sure?”. Click Close account at the bottom to confirm.
If successful, you’ll receive confirmation that your credit card is closed and that a final statement will be sent.
If unsuccessful, you’ll be taken to a page explaining that we were unable to close your credit card account online. You can give us a call on 1800 006 729 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm Sydney/Melbourne time) or visit your nearest branch to discuss further.
Keep in mind
- Once you close your credit card you won’t be able to use it again. If you’d like a new card you'll need to re-apply.
- You’ll need to cancel and make new arrangements for any direct debits you’ve set up from this account
- You’ll still be responsible for any additional transactions that don’t need our authorisation, e.g. direct debits.
Closing your account will automatically also cancel:
- All cards attached to this account
- CreditCard Plus insurance
- NetBank scheduled transfers and AutoPay.
Just a reminder
- Cut up all cards you close online. Any additional transactions made on the account are your responsibility
- If you have an Awards card, you have 3 months to redeem your points. Call us on 13 1661 to redeem
- Let any additional cardholder know that the account is closed.
If you're looking to cancel and replace a lost or stolen card, go to Settings > Lost, stolen or damaged cards instead.