How does the ‘replacement of a new vehicle after a total loss’ benefit work?
Last updated 03 February 2016
This benefit is available if you have Comprehensive cover and:
- You’re the first registered owner of your vehicle
- Your vehicle is a total loss as a result of an Insured Event that occurred within 24 months from when it was first registered
- We accept your claim
If a replacement vehicle’s available, we will:
- Replace yours with a vehicle of the same make, model and series
- Replace any modifications, options, accessories or fittings that were on your vehicle and listed on your Certificate of Insurance
- Pay the on-road costs, including the first twelve month’s registration and Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance
Your policy will continue to cover the replacement vehicle until the end of the period of insurance and you won’t need to pay an additional premium.
If a replacement vehicle isn’t available in Australia we’ll pay either the vehicle’s market or agreed value, depending on what’s shown on your current Certificate of Insurance. In this case, your policy will come to an end and we won’t refund any premiums paid.
Important information: Car Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) by clicking on the links, or by calling us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.