You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


What identification do I need to bring when buying foreign cash?

See all Foreign exchange FAQs

Last updated 19 March 2014

Satisfactory identification is considered:

1x primary photographic identification document. For example:
     •     Passport
     •     Australian drivers license 
     •     Proof of age card issued in Australia);

2x primary non photographic identification documents. For example: 
     •     Birth certificate
     •     Citizenship certificate
     •     Pension card issued by Centrelink that entitles financial benefits

1x primary non photographic and 1x secondary identification document. Secondary identification documents must show your name and residential address and include:
     •     A foreign drivers licence
     •     A recent notice issued by the Australian Taxation Office
     •     An electricity, gas or council rates notice showing details of any service provided to you

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics