You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


How do I withdraw funds from my Travel Money Card when I return from my trip?

See all Travel Money Card FAQs

Last updated 24 August 2017

Your Travel Money Card is valid up for up to 2 years so you can retain it and reload it for future travel or use it for online shopping. Alternatively, you can transfer funds back off your Travel Money Card through the following options:

  • ATM: you can withdraw funds from a CommBank ATM in Australia free of charge. Remember you can transfer foreign currency to Australian Dollars through the CommBank app and NetBank or by calling the Travel Money Customer Service Centre on 1300 660 700.
  • Account transfer to a CommBank transaction account: you can transfer funds that are loaded on your card to a CommBank transaction account by logging on to the CommBank app or NetBank. 

Funds will be converted into Australian Dollars at a retail foreign exchange rate determined by us which is current at the time of the transfer. All transfers using NetBank will be processed to your nominated account in real time. This is a fee-free service.

If you want to close your Travel Money Card you can do this by visiting your nearest Commonwealth Bank branch and we will transfer your remaining funds to a nominated account in your name at an Australian financial institution you choose. You will be required to provide the name of the financial institution, BSB, account number and account name of your nominated account when you close your card.

Still need help?

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics