How do I get or change my NetBank password and what do I do if I forget it?
Last updated 23 February 2015
To get a NetBank password:
If you register online, you nominate your password at the time of registration. If you register by phone, on most occasions the NetBank Help Desk staff will advise you of your temporary password, which you will be prompted to change the next time you login into NetBank. However, if arrangements have been made to mail your password to you then it should arrive within 2 to 3 business days after you apply. If you don't receive it in the mail within 5 business days, please contact us.
To change your NetBank password:
- Log on to NetBank
- Go to the More tab and under Security select My password
- Follow the prompts.
If you forget your NetBank password or have locked your password and need to unlock it, you can reset or unlock it online providing:
- You have a Commonwealth Bank Debit MasterCard, credit card or Keycard and you know your card number and PIN
- You are registered for NetCode SMS or Token OR you know the answers to your security questions
To reset or unlock your password:
- Go to the NetBank log on page.
- Click on the 'Retrieve your client number or password' link in the 'Need Help?' section.
- You'll be prompted to enter your card number and PIN. Check the 'I need to reset my NetBank password' box.
- You'll be prompted to enter a NetCode (either from a NetCode SMS, CommBank app NetCode Notification or from your token) OR to answer two of your security questions.
- Your client number will be displayed and you'll be able to create a new password before continuing to NetBank.
When choosing a new password, make sure you use our Strength meter to assist in choosing a secure password.
For more information on how you can stay safe online visit our Security Centre.