If I restrict cover to drivers over 30 and someone under that age drives my car in an emergency, will they be covered?
Last updated 28 March 2017
No, you won’t be covered for loss, damage or liability that occurs while your vehicle is being driven by someone under the age of 30, even if it’s an emergency when you select the Cover Option ‘Driver age restriction’.
There are a few exceptions you should know about. We will provide cover if your vehicle is being driven by someone who is under 30:
- in the course of a mechanical service;
- in the course of providing a valet parking service;
- paid by you to repair or test your vehicle when they are qualified to do so;
- who is an attendant at a car park or car wash service; or
- who is subsequently convicted of theft or illegal use of your vehicle.
Important information: Car Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) by clicking on the links, or by calling us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.