How do I link my account to another person's NetBank facility or the other way around?
Last updated 13 February 2015
If you wish to give someone else online access to your account/s, or someone else wishes to do the same for you, you can do so at any time in NetBank providing:
- The account/s you wish to give someone access to is personal transaction account in your name only or the account is a sole trader account in your name only
- You are registered for NetCode
- The person you are giving access to is registered for NetBank and NetCode.
To submit your request, simply:
- Log on to NetBank
- Hover over the More tab
- Under the Manage accounts heading go to Manage my accounts
- Select Give someone online access to my accounts and follow the prompts.
You will receive a bank message within 3 business days advising you of the outcome of your request. If your request was successful, you'll be able to see a small icon on the Transactions page next to the account you have linked.
Alternatively, an authority to operate can be established by visiting your nearest branch with the account owner. You will need to provide identification and complete a form. Authority to operate allows you to have:
- Maintenance, information and transactional access to the account in a branch
- Transactional and information access to the account over the phone
- Transactional and information access to the account in NetBank.