You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


Special rules around US citizenship

See all Tax FAQs

Last updated 15 June 2017

You’ll need to let us know if you’re a United States (US) citizen and a non-resident for tax purposes. You can do this by logging on to NetBank Settings.

That’s because all Australian financial institutions have to report on any income and interest you earn as part of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) Intergovernmental Agreement between Australia and the US.

Does this apply to you?

It does if you’re a:

  • US citizen
  • Tax resident of the US
  • Foreign company owned by US taxpayers.

What you need to do

Log on to NetBank Settings and answer three questions.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics