You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


My home has been damaged by storm. What do I do next?

See all Home insurance FAQs

Last updated 21 December 2017

We’re here to help. If your home’s been damaged by a storm, you can make a claim online or call our claims team on 13 2423.

If you have the Residential Home Package and the damage is so extensive that you can’t live there anymore, we’ll pay your alternative accommodation costs. The amount we’ll cover depends on the policy you hold. You can find out more on page 56 of the PDS.


Important information: Home Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) or call us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics