Tax time tips for individuals

8 tax deductions you may be able to claim at tax time

Some common expenses you may be entitled to claim.

Keep reading

How to lodge an individual tax return

A quick guide to help get you started.

Keep reading

5 ways to save tax using superannuation

Remember to keep an eye on contribution caps.

Keep reading

Quick guide to Capital Gains Tax (CGT)

What do investors need to know about CGT?

Keep reading

What is negative gearing?

How it might impact a property investor.

Keep reading

Quick guide to fringe benefits tax (FBT)

Fringe benefits may help reduce your taxable income.

Keep reading

Tax on redundancy payments

How to make the most of your payout.

Keep reading

10 tips for preparing your SMSF for tax time

A basic list of items for review to help SMSF trustees.

Keep reading

Tax tips for property investors

Review any tax considerations you might have for your investment property.

Keep reading

Tax time tips for business owners

Prepare your tax return with help from NetBank

Get important business tax documents online.

Keep reading

Tax deductions and write-offs for your small business

These can change every year.

Keep reading

How to streamline your business tax reporting

Making tax preparation easier.

Keep reading

Prepare your business activity statement (BAS)

Help for completing your BAS correctly and on time.

Keep reading

7 tips to make tax time easier as a freelancer

Tackling your tax return.

Keep reading

Get your tax sorted with NetBank

View your annual interest summary in NetBank to help make tax time easier.

Log on securely to NetBank, then drop down to View accounts and click on Interest & tax summary.

View your interest & tax summary in NetBank

Couple at home with laptop

Could you spot a tax scam?

Things you should know

This page is intended to provide general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Taxation considerations are general and based on present taxation laws and may be subject to change. You should seek independent, professional tax advice before making any decision based on this information.

Commonwealth Bank is also not a registered tax (financial) adviser under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and you should seek tax advice from a registered tax agent or a registered tax (financial) adviser if you intend to rely on this information to satisfy the liabilities or obligations or claim entitlements that arise, or could arise, under a taxation law.