Legal Services partners with the Group’s business units to assist them in achieving their strategic goals and priorities through the provision of expert, commercially focused legal advice.
Legal Services program overview
This 18 month structured Program involves three, six-month rotations where you will have the opportunity to work across a number of internal legal teams to develop a detailed understanding of the Bank’s legal practices, and assist in providing advice on a variety of matters for different business units within the Group.
Our Graduate program is designed to lead to a career in law, with the flexibility to find an area of specialisation that inspires you. We can offer a wide range of opportunities from supporting our customer-facing businesses or working on complex transactions and legal matters.
You are a future-focused, strategic-thinker, with commercial acumen and strong communication and relationship management skills. You are naturally curious and passionate about finding pragmatic customer-focused solutions, applying your judgement and adapting to the changing business environment.
As well as an in-depth understanding of the Legal business unit, you’ll also benefit from:
- Industry knowledge: You’ll have the chance to develop practical legal experience, with exciting, fast-paced work which influences business and customer outcomes
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse Legal projects
- Support: You’ll be mentored by senior leaders to help you plan and drive your career, and will have the support of a buddy at each stage of your program
- Be part of an inspirational team: Work alongside some of the industry’s most talented professionals
- Customer interaction: You will work directly with internal customers and external legal practitioners to build your experience.