Applications for our 2019/2020 Summer Intern Program, Global Markets Summer Analyst Program and 2020 Graduate Program are now closed. Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program will open early next year. You can search and apply for other roles here.
Legal Services program overview
Legal Services partners with the Group’s business units to assist them in achieving their strategic goals and priorities through the provision of expert, commercially focused legal advice.
This 18 month structured Program involves three, six-month rotations where you will have the opportunity to work across a number of internal legal teams to develop a detailed understanding of the Bank’s legal practices, and assist in providing advice on a variety of matters for different business units within the Group.
Our Graduate program is designed to lead to a career in law, with the flexibility to find an area of specialisation that inspires you. We can offer a wide range of opportunities from supporting our customer-facing businesses or working on complex transactions and legal matters.
You are a future-focused, strategic-thinker, with commercial acumen and strong communication and relationship management skills. You are naturally curious and passionate about finding pragmatic customer-focused solutions, applying your judgement and adapting to the changing business environment.
As well as an in-depth understanding of the Legal business unit, you’ll also benefit from:
- Industry knowledge: You’ll have the chance to develop practical legal experience, with exciting, fast-paced work which influences business and customer outcomes
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse Legal projects
- Support: You’ll be mentored by senior leaders to help you plan and drive your career, and will have the support of a buddy at each stage of your program
- Be part of an inspirational team: Work alongside some of the industry’s most talented professionals
- Customer interaction: You will work directly with internal customers and external legal practitioners to build your experience.
Our Graduate & Summer Intern Programs
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019