Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program are now open and close at 11:55pm AEST on the 16th of March 2020. For all successful candidates the program will commence in early February 2021. Applications for our 2020/21 Summer Intern Program will open in early July.
Legal Program overview
Our Legal team partners with the Group’s business and support units to assist them in achieving their strategic goals and priorities through the provision of expert, commercially focused and practical legal advice.
This 18-month structured Program involves three six-month rotations in which you'll have the opportunity to be part of a number of internal legal teams to develop a detailed understanding of the Group’s business, and assist in providing advice on a variety of matters for different business and support units across the Group.
Our Legal Graduate Program is designed to lead to a career in law, with the flexibility to find an area of specialisation that inspires you. We can offer a wide range of opportunities from supporting our customer-facing businesses to our whole-of-Group functions, working on complex transactions and legal matters.
You are a values-driven strategic thinker, with commercial acumen and strong communication and relationship management skills. You are a team player who is naturally curious and passionate about finding pragmatic customer-focused solutions, applying your judgement and adapting to the changing business environment.
As well as an in-depth understanding of the Legal support unit, you’ll also benefit from:
- Industry knowledge: You’ll have the chance to gain practical legal experience, with exciting, fast-paced work which influences business and customer outcomes
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse legal projects
- Support: You will have access to senior leaders to help you plan and drive your career, and will have the support of a buddy at each stage of your program
- Be part of an inspirational team: Work with some of the industry’s most talented professionals
- Stakeholder interaction: You will work directly with a range of internal stakeholders and external legal practitioners to build your experience.
Our Graduate & Summer Intern Programs
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019