Business Credit Card
A business credit card with personal liability is ideal for small businesses, including sole traders and partnerships, where the business owner takes personal responsibility for the transactions on the account. It conveniently allows you to separate your business expenses from your personal. You also have the option to have up to two cardholders on the account.
As well, you can now choose one of our new Business Awards credit cards which offer a world of exclusive benefits and one of the highest points earn rates available. With Commonwealth Awards you receive two cards, a Commonwealth Bank Business Awards American Express® Card and a Commonwealth Bank Business Awards MasterCard®, giving you more ways to earn points. Both cards are linked to one account with the one credit limit and interest rate, so managing your cards is simple.
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for the business credit card and its usage.
- An unsecured credit limit of up to $50,000 is available (based on eligibility criteria).
- By taking personal responsibility for your card, there’s no need for full business financials and you could have your card in as little as 10 working days (based on credit approval).
- Choose between a Business Awards, Low-rate or Interest-free days card:
- Business Awards card. With this card you can earn Awards points when you use it, and the points you earn can be used for a wide range of awards including flights, holidays, hotels, entertainment, gift cards and even donations to charities. You can choose either an Awards, Gold Awards or Platinum Awards card depending on your needs. You'll receive a Commonwealth Bank Business Awards American Express Card that lets you earn extra points for every dollar you spend, and a Commonwealth Bank Business Awards MasterCard, accepted at over 31 million locations worldwide. You’ll also get up to 55 days interest free on purchases.
- Low-rate card. Gives you a lower interest rate, with no annual fee and no interest-free period. This is ideal for business owners who use their card for larger purchases or as a flexible source of short-term cash flow.
- Interest-free days card. With up to 55 days interest free on purchases and an annual fee, you can avoid incurring interest provided you pay off your balance in full during the interest-free period. This is ideal if you use your card mainly as a short-term purchasing tool.
If you are interested in a higher credit limit or if business responsibility for the account is desired, you should consider a Business Liability Business Credit Card.
Streamline your spending
Easy to use and manage, a Business Credit Card allows you to keep track of your business expenses in a single, simple monthly account statement. It also allows you to manage your business funding with the option to pay a minimum amount each month or by clearing the balance.
- Requesting online statements
- Establishing payment reminders
- Activating your card
- Changing daily withdrawal limits
Carry with you a business credit card that is accepted all around the world
As part of the MasterCard® network, Commonwealth Bank business cards are accepted by over 31 million merchants around the world, including online and overseas purchases, phone payments, shopping, and most other payments.
Pen or PIN – the choice is yours
Pen or PIN gives you the flexibility to pay for credit and charge card purchases in Australia by either keying in a PIN or signing your sales receipt.
Protect your business
Business travel is not risk-free, whether you’re going down the street or around the world. That’s why a Business Credit Card comes with built-in protection. We’ve also incorporated the latest secure chip technology into your card, giving you extra protection against fraud.
Cardholders are automatically covered by transit accident insurance up to $250,000. For full details please refer to the Certificate of Transit Accident Insurance (PDF).
Your business name will appear prominently on the card beneath the name of the cardholder, helping to strengthen your business brand.
Fees and charges
- View Business Credit Cards fees and charges (PDF - 11kb)
The fastest way to apply for a Business Credit Card is online.
Alternatively you can:
- Apply over the phone by calling 13 1998.
- Complete the contact me form and one of our Business Bankers will call you at your preferred date and time.
- Visit us in branch.
^ The annual fee will be automatically waived. After the first year, your credit card annual fee will be the standard annual fee applicable at that time.
† Conditions apply. See Balance Transfer application form for full details. Balance transfer interest rate current at time of printing but is subject to change. Available on Business Credit Cards with Awards only.
As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances.
All products mentioned on this web page are issued by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia; view our Financial Services Guide (PDF 59kb). View Terms and Conditions for Electronic Banking (PDF 135kb), NetBank and CommBiz (PDF 325kb) and consider them before making any decision about these products.
The earning and redemption of Awards points are subject to Commonwealth Awards Program Terms and Conditions. Points are earned on eligible transactions (most purchases but not cash advances or balance transfers) and are subject to points capping.
Applications for finance are subject to the Bank’s normal credit approval. Full terms and conditions are included in our Letter of Offer. Bank fees and charges may apply.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This credit card program is issued and administrated by Commonwealth Bank of Australia.