To give another person access to CommBiz, you'll need to create a separate user profile for them.
- Log on to CommBiz
- Go to Admin > Users
- Click Create user (bottom right of the page)
Complete all required details about the new user, including: title, first name, last name, date of birth, email address and security token delivery address.
We recommend providing a mobile number so we can SMS them their Login ID.
Tips: Optional individual details
- Identifier - organisations like to use this for the user's staff number or other information to differentiate users, for example if two users have the same name.
- Authorisation caps – sets a limit on how much a user can authorise. If it’s lower than other authorisation limits, they’ll be overridden. For example, if an account's Electronic Account Authority allows a user to authorise up to $500, but you set the individual user's Authorisation Cap to $100, the individual user will only be able to authorise $100.
Choose a Permissions Mode for your user. To keep things simple, we recommend using the default CommBiz Defined Roles: View, Create and/or Admin. These are described on screen.
CommBiz Defined Roles don't overlap, so add all the roles applicable for the new user, e.g. to give a user access to everything, select View, Create and Admin roles.
Tips: More complex roles
- If your organisation has complex requirements, e.g. to limit a user’s access to certain accounts, you can choose a User Defined Role or Custom Permissions.
- User Defined Roles are sets of custom permissions that can be shared across multiple users. Go to Admin > Roles if you need to set these up.
- Or choose Assign Custom Permissions to select specific permissions for the user you are creating.
Accounts, admin, transactions and receivables report
These tabs only appear where you have selected Custom Permissions. You'll skip them if you choose a CommBiz or User Defined Role.
See Choosing custom permissions (below) for more details.
Choose if you need us to identify the new user:
- Select Yes if the user will be authorising transactions or needs access to the CommBiz Mobile app
- Select No if the user only needs to view accounts
If you’ve selected Admin permissions, we need to identify the user, so this question won’t be displayed.
If the new user will be authorising transactions or updating the address book or templates, they'll need a security token. Tick the Request for New Token box to request one.
If you’ve assigned the new user admin permission, skip this step as the request for a security token is automatic.
Access to other CommBiz services, for example Daily IQ, will be selected by default. You can untick these if necessary.
The user’s Login ID and temporary password will be displayed on screen for you to give to the user.
We’ll also email the password to the user and SMS the Login ID (if you provided a mobile number).
Your user can refer to logging on for the first time if they need help logging on.