We’re the market leader in fixed income for issuers and investors. But don’t just take our word for it.
In addition to consistently achieving top ranking in Bloomberg’s Domestic Bond League table¹, the Commonwealth Bank has been recognised as Australia’s undisputed Fixed Income Market leader and has successfully led a range of market firsts over the past 18 months.
In INSTO Magazine’s 12th Fixed Income Credit Research Poll (2010), the Commonwealth Bank was rated in the top 3 for most categories.
- First - Best coverage of Australian macroeconomic research and strategy – Michael Blythe, James McIntyre
- First - Best Australian credit research and Analysis – Michael Bors and Steve Shoobert
- Second – Best research structured securities – Winnie Chee
- Second - Best mortgage-backed securities research – Winnie Chee
- Second - Best research coverage and analysis of Australian government and semi-government bonds – Adam Donaldson and Phillip Brown
- Third - Best research hybrid securities – Damien Berlioz
Lead Management leadership
The Commonwealth Bank has a strong track record of delivering high profile deals, stretching back a decade. And over the last 18 months we are proud to have achieved a number of firsts in the Australian Fixed income market.
- First offshore and domestic issue under the Commonwealth Government Guarantee Scheme (Issuer - CBA).
- First issuance in the domestic market under the UK Credit Guarantee Scheme or any offshore guarantee scheme (Issuer- Royal Bank of Scotland Australia Branch).
- First public non-government guaranteed issue in 2009 (Issuer - Rabobank).
- First issue by a domestic major bank without the benefit of the Commonwealth Government Guarantee in 2009 (Issuer - CBA), first in 3 year tenor, then in 5 year tenor.
- First non-financial corporate issue in Australia since October 2007 (Issuer- Australia Post).
- First domestic public issue by an ASX listed non-financial sector borrower in over two years (Issuer - CFS Retail Property Trust).
FinanceAsia – Achievement Awards, Australia/New Zealand
The Commonwealth Bank has won FinanceAsia’s Best Local Bond House of the Year in 2004, 2005, 2007 and again in 2008.
INSTO Distinction Awards
- International Bond Issuer of the Year 2008
- No. 1 Public Domestic Non-Government Bonds, 2008
- No.1 Public Domestic Non-Government Bond Issue (ex self-led deals) 2007
- No.1 Public Domestic Kangaroos (ex self-led deals) 2007
- Best Bond House 2007
- No. 1 Australian Domestic & Kangaroo Bonds 2008
- No.1 Underwriter of Kangaroo Bonds 2007
- Kangaroo Originator of the Year 2007
¹ Bloomberg AUD Domestic Bond League Table, 1 June 2008 – 30 July 2009.