Do I need a PayID?
- PayID registration is optional. You can still use a BSB and account number to receive payments if you want
- You can send payments to a PayID without having a PayID yourself
- With PayID the payment process is easier and you can receive payments faster
Can I link one PayID to multiple banks/accounts?
- A PayID, such as your ABN, is a unique identifier and can only be linked to one account at one financial institution
- If you want to register a PayID to another account, an additional PayID, such as an ACN, is required
What is the New Payments Platform?
The New Payments Platform or NPP has been developed to significantly improve the speed and convenience of making and receiving payments between participating Australian banks.
What is Osko?
Osko by BPay® is a service built on the NPP to facilitate sending and receiving real-time payments via our online banking services.
What is an Osko® payment?
- Osko by BPAY® is a secure payment service which enables you to send and receive near real-time payments using a PayID on the New Payments Platform
- The service is available within the CommBank App, as long as you have downloaded the latest version
- You won’t need to look for Osko in the app, as you’ll automatically be using the service when transferring to a PayID
- When you send or receive a payment using PayID you may see the Osko logo in your payment confirmation or account transaction history. This indicates that the payment was sent via the New Payments Platform (NPP) infrastructure using Osko.
Which CommBank accounts are eligible for PayID registration?
There are a number of CommBank accounts which can be linked to your PayID. See the full list of eligible accounts.
Things you should know
1 For security reasons, a hold may apply on first time payments. The delay allows fraud security checks to take place and gives you time to alert us to unauthorised or suspicious activity on your account. Subsequent payments should be received in under a minute.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd. ABN 69 079 137 518