Upgrade your existing credit card
To upgrade or transfer your credit card, or increase your credit limit, simply complete the following steps:
- Download the relevant form.
- Print the application form. To ensure the form prints correctly, please select "Shrink to Fit" from the File/Print menu option.
- Complete the application form in full.
- Take it to any Commonwealth Bank branch, where it will be forwarded to our credit card area for processing.
- a) If you are upgrading or transferring your credit card and you are successful you will receive a letter of offer and your card within 10 working days. You will be asked to activate this card at which time your old card will be closed.
b) If you are successful in your credit limit increase you will be notified by mail.
- Remember direct debits and regular payments will not be automatically transferred over to your new card so you will need to notify the appropriate merchants of your new number.